Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety and Stress Question

User Profile
I have a lot of anxiety about social situations. Mostly, it is talking to people. Some people I can talk to easier and without nearly as much stress as others because of their general willingness to listen and understand me on a level that is not arrogant nor expressing disinterest.

I am sometimes afraid to leave my apartment for several days on end because I don't want to have to have social encounters just because many in the past have been very awkward and unpleasant.

I'm beginning to find safety in my apartment as that way I don't have to engage in social conversations with other people and it is calming to think that I can stay where I'm safe so-to-speak versus having to go out and talk to people.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2019
Anxiety and Stress Answer A64994
Hello.
Welcome to this forum.
I appreciate your realization and must say it is neither uncommon nor untreatable in this modern harsh world. What you need a counseling session. About how to interact with negativity or reciprocate accordingly. So, don't confine yourself inside your small surroundings. Exercise, swim, watch movies, read books and meet a counselor accordingly who can guide you how to proceed. Believe me, life is beautiful.
Hope I can address your query. Please visit your doctor if there is any further confusion as without a clinical examination it is not possible to opine through an online medical forum.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.