Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety and Stress Question

User Profile
I've been having this problem for a while but it only has been getting worse in the last 3 months. I have been having panic attacks or at least what I think it is. I have pressure in the front part of my head, I cant talk and form simple sentences when I'm having my attack, I have a physical tick of touching my middle finger and thumb together while I'm having the attack, I start pacing and cant stop while I'm having my attack (I start rocking back and forth if I'm forced to stand or sit still),and there is no cause from what I know that trigger it. It can last up to 2 hours and they happen at random times (sitting at home, falling asleep, working, talking with family or friend, ect.) I have no idea what causes it and it has been recently affecting my work severely. I have been seeing a phycologist and trying his methods but when I have my panic attack I can't form thoughts and the breathing techniques don't work. I'm not sure what my next step should be.

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...