Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

anxiety and stress in public

hello my names kirsty i have sufferd with anxiety and stress for over 9 months now and its horrible its changed my life i also have a phobia where i cant get on buses or in cars or go into pubic places witch caused my anxitey and stress i have most of the symptoms on this site aswel as of yet i havent met anyone that has this and i feel its just me. i am seeing a councler at the minute but i just want to be normal again if anyone would like to chat about this if anyone sufferds with the same please write back, thankyou
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2008
Experienced User
Hi Kirsty,

It must be very difficult to experience anxiety like that. What's happening when you go in a car or bus? Have you been able to identify the thought patterns that you have?
|

Hey Kristy, I understand exactly how you feel. I've dealth with anxiety for a number of years, but it's been very horrible the past 9 months. I have recently been afraid to go into public also, and had to quit my job. Your not alone
|

hi
i to have anixeity real bad i have left full shopping carts in the store and just walked out i will be 30 this month and it started when i was 16 gotten worse too i keep wishing one day i will wake up and be normal again lol i also have come to realize that wont happen wishfull thinking though lol everthing happens for a reason is my classic saying (just why this) ? lol gl all im here if anyone want to talk tc
|

replied September 10th, 2008
hey
didnt think any1 wud reply to what i rote. aww thankyou!
wel i just go all weird really it all started when i moved away from my family only 10 minute away on the bus and i just got stressed n felt alone i quess and i started where i felt funny and all faint and breathless on a bus so started going in car then it happend in a car then i just avoded going on buses and in cars. now its 2 the point where im scared when it rains its stupid and really really sad but i dont undertsnad why i feel like it i just feel so much better and not scared in my house only car i do feel ok in is my aunty carols i dont know why tho.... i have a 18 month old daughter n its really hard 2 try and be a mum aswel as do what i know i can do iv really become house bond iv just stared seeing a councler about it, they think its a mix of anxitey argoaphobia and depression all in one, i dont feel depressd.lol. does anyone else suffer with what i have if so please write to me id really like 2 hear from other poeple in same place as me, xx kirsty
|
Users who thank mcsherry08 for this post: janie2010 

hi
yes sorry ddint answer that.... erm when i go into shops or try to i panic and try to keep calm but once i feel myself being ok i get hot and start thinking as tho i have to rush when i dont and if theres a que i walk out i feel my throat tighten up and its like i cant breath
|

yup
this also happens with new mothers alot !! dont be scared your not going to die or anything ... ive delt with this so long i know what you are going through ...talk to you doc about adavian thats what i take it helps me alot and you only take it when you start to feel panic commin on (good move with the councler that help too ... gl im here if you need to talk ... tc
|

replied September 12th, 2008
hi
wot u mean it happends with new mothers?
how long have u had it? i serouisly cant live my life its horrible all i do is stay in doors just wanna be noraml again and start going out i mean i cant even go the shop its that bad. i have spoke to my doctor and they said they use tablets as a second choice and i have to do counclering first. write bk
|

replied September 12th, 2008
hi
just saying that my sister had some panic problems after having her baby n my cuz. but about a year latter they both were fine werid anyways ,,, if you really think that you need more help and the councler is not working all to good get a second doc. to see ya cuz i know the med. they have me on work real good ....i hope you feel better...tc
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...