Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety and stress, I don't want to die I'm so scared...

I've had horrible anxiety for 4 days and I've only slept around 10 hours at all. I went to the doctor 3 days ago and she said it was just anxiety after doing my blood pressure and hearing my heartbeat.. I haven't eaten much and my throat feels a bit swelled. She gave me Clonazepam in it's lowest dose but it hasn't been helping. I'm afraid to sleep due to thinking I'm going to die. Please help me, I'm not going to die am I? I'm only 17 and I don't want to die I'm so scared...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2014
Anxiety is a sensation
Hi Tiffykitty No you are not going to die. You need to talk to someone about how you are feeling and try to find out why you are feeling this way. Something has triggered you emotionally. Anxiety is a terrible feeling but its only a sensation and cant hurt you. You try and push it away, but if you can, sit quietly and breath from your diaphragm slowly. In through your nose and out your mouth. But really talking about how you feel is a good step.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...