Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety and overreactive thyroid linked?

I have had anxiety for a long time. I have had a couple of panic attacks. I get very stressed in certain situations. Previous medication has only been propanol. Anyway recently I started a new job and have felt very stressed and not myself at all. I have been feeling quite ill for the last 10 days. On Monday just gone I started having heart palpitations and my body was badly shaking for hours. I visited the hospital and they advised me I had overreactive thyroid. I am meant to see a doctor again however they haven't been able to make me an appointment. Is this overreactive thyroid which I never knew I had until Monday the cause of my past anxiety and stress or is it more than that. I have previously had many blood tests and nothing has come up. I wasn't too with it at the hospital so I didn't take in all the information the gave me. Is overreactive thyroid serious and is this what is causing my depression? Should I continue with my job? I have taken whole week off sick to recover as advised by the hospital. I would really appreciate any insight you could give me or any pissibilities that could be to blame for the way I have been feeling. Since Monday I have been sweating a lot and have a very high temperature still. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This is not a serious issue. You should continue your job. All that you need is to have good compliance with both anxiolytic and antithyriod drugs. You should consult psychiatrist for CBT sessions.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.