I’m 16 and I know for a fact there’s something wrong with me mentally. My biological father who I’m not able to see or have contact with is schizophrenic and bipolar. My moms also diagnosed with anxiety.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2018
Anxiety and mood swings
I’m not saying I feel like there’s something wrong with me because of the factthat there is with my parents, I’m saying it because I know for a fact I have anxiety. I can’t go anywhere out in public without feeling it. I’m constantly feeling scared and embarrassed I can’t order for myself in restaurants I just constantly feel anxiety the only place I feel normal is when I’m alone in my room. I know as a teenager you’re constantly hormonal. I’m consatantly Angry I can’t go a day without feeling anger. Sometimes I feel anger for no reason and I don’t know how to help myself. When I get mood swings it’s usually when I’m angry and afterwards I feel joy and happiness. I don’t want to talk to my mom because she’s just going to brush everything off and say I’m too young. Someone give me some advice because I feel helpless.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.With history of bipolarity and anxiety in family, stress is inevitable and hereditary predisposition is there too. I would recommend to get a complete psych evaluation and let them have a look and assess proceed accordingly.

Take care
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Disorder , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.