Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety and I started having some terrifying symptoms

User Profile
Hello, for the past month or so I've been stressed out. (I'm able to keep a good lid on my anxiety) and I started having some terrifying symptoms out of nowhere. First, a very strange pain just under my belly button. Mostly gone now, that's just the one I remember occurring first.
Symptoms include: Nausea, pain in left side of chest while trying to sleep on left/right side or stomach, sleep apnea, dizziness, loss of focus/concentration, loud pulsating in left ear, tingling face, arms and hands, erratic heart beat, head soreness(Like a very soft headache, lasts an hour or so.) very strong, painful pulse in left side of neck. Usually when I have the worse of the symptoms I quickly feel a sense of terror. I get up and move around or do something because it's so uncomfortable. I'm 23, 109 lbs but I smoke and I've never, EVER had a healthy diet so I'm more then a little concerned about these symptoms. Something is definitely wrong with me. Please help!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2016
Anxiety and Stress Answer A59369
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Your symptoms could be due to anxiety and stress, severe acidity, deficiency of vitamin D and/or B, or even due to atherosclerosis secondary to smoking. The chest pain in left side of chest should be investigated immediately for heart related causes as you are a smoker.

Also, you should see a counselor to help control anxiety. You must also aim at quitting smoking. Also, please consult your family physician immediately. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.