So I thought I had anxiety but recently my gf made me think otherwise.She use to cut , I use to say if you do this I do that so she stopped.I started hurting myself when i got depressed though so it turned into a means of coping , I don't hurt myself to cope anymore but even worse it's now turned into something I can't control......I'll get a migraine, and would think that I get anxiety a little after.By that I mean I'll start to fidget and twitch , start sweating, pacing around whatever room I'm In, my thinking becomes blocked, even worse I'll begin to start scratching, I have to stop myself from scratching and gripping my arms cause I'll leave cuts and start tearing my skin and hair out , I'll have urges to hit myself and it becomes so hard to control.my head wouldn't even feel like it hurts anymore because it feels like my body is beginning to freak out over nothing.im able to control my breathing and I would still feel like I need to hit myself.makes me feel broken.my gf says this isn't anxiety , and almost always her hugs calm me down,I thought this was anxiety for so long if she's right and this isn't any type of anxiety then what's wrong with Me? This is becoming a big problem.Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2017
Experienced User
Tikivigilante, you need to go and see a trained psychologist who can help you. An internet forum is not the best place to get help for your situation.
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. This is a borderline personality disorder and it needs supportive care, psychotherapy sessions and innocuous maneuvers to channel your anger where you get a chance to express it with out hurting yourself and meanwhile try to cope with it. Psychotherapy sessions really help. Give it some time.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
|
Tags: Anxiety
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.