I've had over a handful of experiences fainting similar to this one in my lifetime and I'm only 20. Imagine, I'm listening to a doctor explain that there's a cyst on my right ovary..double the size of what they usually see. (No big deal, right?) start getting light headed and nauseous, I usually get this way...so I begin trying to regulate my breathing. I inform her that I feel nauseous and before I know it I'm waking up with three strangers above me, gaining consciousness, I'm embarrassed. Because I've had many spells like this. My mom told me once that it looks as if I'm having a seizure, muscle spasms and foaming at the mouth. I need more info. What is this? Why does my body react to stress this way?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2018
The history that your mom gave suggests a tonic clonic seizure the only way to confirm the diagnosis of epilepsy is via video evidence meaning the episode has to be recorded otherwise metabolic causes and any lesion in the brain can lead to epilepsy. Basic metabolic panel including electrolytes a CT brain and EEG can be advised in consultation with your doctor to look for any evidence /cause of epilepsy. A syncope attack would require cardiac workup where as an episode of fits would require neurological / metabolic workup.

|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2018
Everyone responds differently to Stress and Anxiety because of which its very important to know about the symptoms beforehand. Visit the experts at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center Vancouver ar Call at 604-281-0616 to get further details and say hello to a healthy you.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2018
Everyone responds differently to Stress and Anxiety because of which its very important to know about the symptoms beforehand. Visit the experts at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center Vancouver ar Call at 604-281-0616 to get further details and say hello to a healthy you.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2018
|

replied March 19th, 2018
The following measures can prevent generalized anxiety disorder:

Take care of your body by consuming a well-balanced diet that has high nutritional value

Limit caffeine, alcohol and sugar consumption

Relax for about 20 minutes a day by doing something recreational or creative

Avoid activities that are unnecessary and hectic

Maintain an anxiety journal; note down the anxiety triggers and your feelings

Interrupt your hyperventilation (fast breathing) by inhaling and exhaling from a paper bag, for a few minutes

Prioritize the issues in your life by managing your energy and time

Get help early to control anxiety
|

replied March 29th, 2018
Hi Royparker,
Great and well -written information. Thanks for sharing it.
|
Users who thank AshleyJackson for this post: RoyParker 
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.