Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Antibiotics and Menstrual cycle

I have a question. I took antibiotics (amoxocillion) and not long after i started my cycle. I'm not on birth control, i read that antibiotics can mess up something with
hormones and birth control.. but im positive it can cause you to have cycle with out the birth control also. Ive had this happen before on amoxocillion but i just spotted. now almost two weeks later im starting my cycle again. On the normal date i usually start though. Is that normal? I kinda though i wouldn't start my cycle on reg. Date due to having it start early. And with it being not even 2 weeks apart is this bad for my body?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Not all antibiotics can interact with pills and amoxycillin,never.So, just take them regularly as directed and do not worry unduly about either your cycle or the potency of the birth control.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.