Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Anti-HIV medicine prolong window period ?

User Profile
My problem is quite complex, I know you have very very very profound knowledge in the area of Anti-HIV medicine. My main question is do you really believe the Anti-HIV medicine will prolong the window period?
I had a intercourse with a Chinese girl who was a prostitute in 30th December 2009, I finger her with my wound finger, my finger was highly peel, there was red meat. I had drunken at that time, so I can remember whether there was blood from her vagina, maybe she was just in the end of period.

I had taken a test in CDC after four weeks, at that day, I also taken two pills of lamivudine, 200mg after blood test, but the result will be got next weeks(28th January). Please pay attention on the above issue, I take the blood test first, then I have eaten two pills of lamivudine. I was so worry about my result that I had taken another test in 29th January, it was quick test, the result was: negative. I think that will be ok, but, I was scared when I got the test result from CDC,

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2010
HIV and AIDS Answer A10956
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

It is usually a few weeks before seroconversion happens in HIV infection. As you are clear that there was an exposure to blood products with an open wound on your finger, it is highly recommended that you undergo serology test for HIV detection very soon again to rule out infection.

During seroconverion, symptoms like tiredness, fever, rash and enlarged nodes can happen. Please consult a doctor in infectious diseases and get a thorough examination and tests. Thank you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.