User Profile
Can anti-depressant meds cause hair loss? I was diagnosed with depression and began taking 100 mg trazodone and 50 mg zoloft on May 14th. It has only been 2 weeks and I have been experiencing many side effects, including dramatic hair loss, headaches, blurred vision, nightmares, stiff neck and a minimum amount of sleep. I am up at 3:00 am each morning. I also have spots on my forehead that resemble abrasions or burns? I have an appointment with a therapist in 5 days. My gut instinct is to stop taking these meds, though they seem to be helping my mental state. What would you suggest?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2011
Experienced User
Hi-

I'm not a doctor but I think your gut instinct is right. I've been on both of those meds. They don't go well together so they can cause what you described as your symptoms. Trazadone did the same thing to me when it came to nightmares!

Don't stop the meds suddenly on your own unless a pro tells you it's ok to. Even though it's a low dose and a new one. Can you call or page your therapist and tell them the reaction your having? They can start tapering you off, or let you stop completely, depending on how sensitive you are to the drug and what's going on.
I hope you feel better soon!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....