Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

another ablation or ask to have a hysterectomy

Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
User Profile
Hello! I am 28 years old and I have given birth to two beautiful children. I had my daughter when I was 18 and my son when I was 23. After I gave birth to my son I decided to have a tubal ligation done with the filshie clips in 2013. One year later I began bleeding heavily and my doctor said that I have endometriosis. They did a uterine ablation but I still get my period and am in pain quite frequently. They did an ultrasound last week and found out that not only are there cysts on my ovaries but my endometriosis is back and I have a septate uterus. They want to do another ablation but I don't want to go back in a couple years to have it done again. I don't want to have anymore children. Would it be better to continue with the ablation plan or ask to have a hysterectomy to be done with all the issues?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2017
Hysterectomy Answer A61520
My answer is brief.Ablation is an alternative to hysterectomy if there is any bleeding problem.It deals with uterus only.Here you have cysts in both ovaries, a septate uterus and a possible diagnosis of endometriosis.The treatment of endometriosis is different.Either you have to undergo long term hormonal therapy or directly hysterectomy if you are mentally prepared to face a surgical early menopause at 28 years of age.But frankly speaking, it is the best option if you think about in the term of your symptom-relief.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hysterectomy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.