Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Anorexia vs. Metabolism

In 2002 when I was 10 or 11 I started to eat when I was bored. In two years I grew to about 70kg. I think I must have been about 5'4" or 5'5".
In 2004 I became anorexic and also started to suffer from severe depression though I was not aware of it at the time. I lost about 20kg that year. I think at my lowest I was about 10kg underweight at 55kg. I had grown a few inches by then.
Then in 2005 I stopped being anorexic for no real reason I guess. I started gaining weight and I have been gaining weight ever since. I now weigh about 105kg and I am 5'7".
About six months ago I grew tired of it and decided to do something about it. I started exercising and eating healthier. I exercised regularly and ate healthy for about 3 months, which I know is not very long. I only lost 4kg and then my body sort of refused to lose any more. Obviously this was frustrating and disheartening so I stopped exercising.
I won't lie and say I am an incredibly healthy eater, but I only eat when hungry and don't stuff myself full of junk food like a lot of people seem to think fat people do. I know I am overweight due to the fact that I do not exercise, but this is ridiculous. I really don't think the amount I eat could cause me to weigh this much.
So basically, my question is: did my previous problems with overeating and anorexia screw up my metabolism and can I fix it?
I haven't been to a doctor about it because to be honest, I'm expecting I'm just overweight because of my lack of exercise and someone here can tell me that.
Edit: Oh, and I am a vegetarian if that matters at all. I have been one for about 3 years now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 20th, 2011
You can fix your metabolism by doing some kind of sport, swiming, workout, joggin every day.
|

replied January 10th, 2012
A Blog for Inspiration
I am starting my recovery now and I will be documenting it on my blog at anaturalsortoflovely.wordpress.com
I hope to provide everyone with a realistic look at what to expect as well as to inspire others to look for help as well.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....