Hi I've been having a problem since Christmas time now and I think I might be developing an eating disorder, I have a huge fear of gaining weight and am
Obsessed with weight loss I don't eat during school which is 8 hours and skip breakfast I excercise frequently before and after dinner which I have too eat or else my family will get suspicious but I feel like I eat too much to have an eating disorder can someone help? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 10th, 2016
First
|

replied May 10th, 2016
Sorry about that, I mean't to say first of all it's good that you noticed it before it became a problem. Stressing about weight is so common in women of all ages these days it's often looked over. Skipping meals and eating only a certain time of day could actually cause your body to go into "Survival Mode" in which it stores the food you ate in your stomach and keeps it there until your next meal which is bad for you. It could also force your body to make that food into fat so that it has something to get energy off of. I'm not a doctor just repeating things I've heard.

It's important that you eat. Try eating healthy meals and foods and you can even eat small meals if you're not feeling up to big meals. Just something to help you get through the day. If you like sweets I drink protein shakes just know that those don't give you the proper nutrition you need throughout the day and they are not meant to supplement each and every meal. If you're hiding the fact that you aren't eating that is a stage of an eating disorder and also only eating in front of people is another stage. The healthy thing to do is talk to a friend. Someone who can understand what it is you're going through and check up on you and make sure you're eating right.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....