I'm vanessa & i'm 5'1 & â½ i weight 110.3 & i have cried cuz i haven't weighted my self.i think i'm fat & people have told me that i'm skinny & my sister has told me i'm crazy because i told he i wanted to lose 13 pounds.i see my self in the mirror & my eyes get watery & really want to lose weight & i'm willing to lose weight no matter wat.i jus don't wanna became anorexia & i don't think i am because i'm fat & not skinny so i can't be anorexic but i have read about it & i do have these systoms intense fear of gaining weight,i have a period of 2 days,i get cold very easliy .so do you think i'm okay,or that something is wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2010
Don't try and lose weight, you are at a perfect weight now. I was just like you, thought I was fat but was actually very slim, so I lost weight, too much, and got sent to a phsyciTric hospital, where they have now set me a weight I HAVE to get to. Guess what it was - it is 11 pounds heavier than I weighed at the start. Don't do this to yourself.
|

replied August 17th, 2010
You say that you don't want to become anorexic, but it sounds that your extremely close to slipping down that path, I strongly recommend that you go an see your doctor, so as to nip it a bud. With any eating disorder this is absolutely key. YOu may also have body dysmorphic disorder, or even some form of depression. But instead of guessing, I really do recommend that you go and see your doctor, as they will be able to asses you, answer any questions you may have, and give you some much needed advive.
I hope everything becomes much clearer and better for you very soon.

Best wishes
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....