I am in recovery from anorexia and my fiance and I would like to have a baby I have only have had one period in the last three months and previously to that I hadn't had period for three years while I was suffering from anorexia. Not sure what to do if I am not having periods I can't get pregnant but I am now up to my target weight. Is there a drug or something that can help people like me get my periods back on a regular basis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
Im not to sure if there are any drugs that will help, While you are recovering your body will need time to heal, This maybe a long precess. Getting pregnant may be difficult while your body is still healing. Try waiting for a few months, 6-12 is what it takes a healthy couple to get pregnant things may take even longer in your case.
you need to make sure your body will be healthy enough to look after you and a baby growing inside you, This is going to be a big challenge for anyone.
All the best
Sarah
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2009
Community Volunteer
I do not know of any drugs that can help you get your period back per se. There are fertility drugs that can help with ovulation. Talk to your gyn about your concerns. Make sure you are fully recovered (and I don't mean recovered as in going back to anorexia, I mean make sure your body is fully recovered from any potential damage that may have been done)and look into seeing a fertility doctor if you need help stimulating ovulation.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....