For the last 4 years every January, the top of my right or left foot suddenly swells up and becomes inflamed to the point where I have to move around on crutches. At first I thought I strained or sprained the tissues but after this year, I'm absolutely certain that is not the case this time. There is no discoloration and local doctors have told me possible diagnoses such as gout, arthritis, cancer and degenerative bone disease. I have researched those a little bit and the symptoms or locations don't seem to fit my case. The only thing similar that I found was something called dropsy.....excess water in tissue but I have a hard time believing that is the case here. Nothing in my lifestyle has changed since the last time this occurred and this January coincidence, if it is a coincidence, is by far the strangest part about this. Also I am 29 and my job requires me to stay on my feet all day but nothing happened in the previous 11 months.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2014
I know this was posted quit a while ago but I'm curious if you continue to have the same symptoms annually? I seem to have similar symptoms every year between January and February for no apparent reason.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....