Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

ankle edema subsided drastically when i played sports.

User Profile
Last year i started feeling pain in my heel everytime i walked in the morning or after i rest my feet. and then last month it gotten worst and its start to have a pitting edema on my ankles on both (worst on the left). I went to a clinic and told me it was PLANTAR FASCIITIS and the edema is caused by it. No laboratories was done, just the Doc looked at it. He prescribed me with Naproxen and Paracetamol.

Last night i played basketball with my friends and after playing the edema was gone by 80%. Of course my heel was in too much pain now.

I dont understand. the ankle edema subsided drastically when i played sports.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A50112
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

You should get your B.P readings done and an echocardiogram to assess for cardiac function adequacy. Doppler U/S for lower limbs should also be done Workup for Gout should also be done and subsequent monitoring of uric acid levels if uric acid crystals are isolated upon joint aspiration. Get your blood counts and metabolic profile done in consult with your doctor, the lowered edema may be because of an increased or more efficient venous return during exercise.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.