Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

aniexy & wolf Parkinson white syndrome

hey can anyone tell me if stress can have an effect on my wolf Parkinson white syndrome? because lately when i go to practice i become stressed and my heart starts pounding i know this is different than just exercising, because i don't do that much and when i am at my resting heart rate (which is when my heart problem usually appears) my heart races and makes me feel sick to my stomach. i am also sick and on an antibiotic for an infection....so that may have something to do with it. but if anyone has anything to say about this it would be a real help. I'm going to the doctor but i won't be able to see him until a couple of days. it would be really helpful if anyone could help and i could think of what to do next. thanks a lot!!!
_logan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2008
stress and WPW
Logan,
About 14 years ago I suffered from WPW. I had an ablation and have been fine ever since. Back then when I would stress, it would definately effect my WPW. The fact that palpitations would increase my stress level even more did not help either. Just try to relax and don't let worrying about this consume your life. Talk with your doctor and ask what is best for you. If he offers the option of an ablation, I highly recommend it.
Larry
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
1/2 million Americans are diagnosed with Parkinsons. Click here for basic information and a definition of Parkinson Disease, a movement disorder of the brain. ...
Do doctors know what causes Parkinson's Disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? More info on risk factors here....
We outline the common symptoms of Parkinsons and list the types of movement disorders that accompany the disease. Plus, know when to seek medical help....