i have been in ongoing treatment for at least 5 years for depression anxiety and panic with little improvement. i have decided to come off of all my medications but now find myself increasingly full of hate and anger. i voice thoughts of suicide and wanting to die and people think its a call for help but i am just telling people what my thoughts are , i dont want those thoughts but have them constantly . i am tired of trying and getting nowhere , one step forward 12 steps back. is there a point at where you just dont get any better than a certain point , that the damage the stress and anxiety put on your body did permanent damage ? is that possible ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2011
I know this might sound counter productive but in my experience one of the easiest ways to strengthen a thought is to fight its existance. Think of it as a equilibrium. The thoughts will remain in place. The harder you push to get them out the harder they have to push back to stay in place. However the less you fight it the lighter the thought will be. Accept that you have these thoughts but dont place any value on them, now if you actually feel like you are going to act on them that is one thing but if you dont essentially ignore them. "Man I feel like killing myself today. Ohhh I wonder what is on cartoon netowork today" The less value those thoughts hold the less power they hold.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....