I am a 25 year old female who is trying to get in shape. I am 5'2", 140 lbs, normal BP and healthy overall. I have been diagnosed with PVCs which drive me nuts at times, but my doctor says they are nothing to worry about. My concern is that I have been experiencing chest pains while exercising (joggging) recently. The pain is high, about two inches below my collarbone, and it is just left of center. It is not severe; it almost feels like a stitch (like the kind you get in your side). It goes away after a few minutes of rest. I have had an ECG, an echo, a CT and an MRI of my chest in the past six months which showed nothing out of the ordinary heart-wise. (Those tests were run due to panic attacks I had during a transition period in my life). Is it likely this pain is angina? I feel very upset; just as I am trying to get in shape, I get discouraged by worries. Would blockages have shown up on one of the tests? Am I getting worked up over nothing, and if so, what is causing this strange sensation? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
People with PVCs are mainly asymptomatic and unaware about irregular heart beats.
However, some of them with frequent PVCs can note symptoms like lightheadedness, fatigue, chest pain, shortness of breath, and/or difficulty exercising.
Chest pains due to a heart artery disease (narrowed and blocked heart blood vessels) has quality of a squeezing or heavy pressing sensation on the chest.
People with heart artery disease may have an increased incidence of PVCs.
Narrowed heart arteries can be visualized by performing a technique known as coronarography.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Angina is described as general chest pain. But when does angina occur? And what types of angina might you be experiencing? Start learning the basics here....
Angina is a symptom of heart problems such as coronary heart disease. But what can trigger chest pain? And who is at risk of developing angina? ...
Angina is a squeezing, burning or tight pressure sensation in the chest. But when should you seek help? When does angina become serious?...