When I'm in bed ready to go to sleep I suffer from chest pain and tightening sensations in my left arm.I've had two admissions into hospital as the pain has been that bad in my chest, three ecgs and various blood tests. My dr said its not classic symptoms of someone with a bad heart. I'm under a cardiac nurse who is sending me for a traed mill test as she said it could be angina, but that pain would normally happen after exhaustion and as mine is'nt she cant be sure. I'm due to fly to Turkey on the 14 of this month and need some advise on how to keep save while flying. can anyone help please coz I'm really nervous about being on the plane.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2008
Supporter
Have you been diagnosed?
|

replied October 7th, 2008
No not been diagnosed yet that what worrys me Dont get test done untill after my holiday. I need some help on how to keep save while flying
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2008
Supporter
Not all chest pain or discomfort is angina. The stress test will help doctors diagnose the cause of the problem.

As regards flying, in general, if you can climb 12 stairs and walk 50 yards without pain or getting very breathless, you are fit to fly as a passenger. Nevertheless, people with frequent angina pains or unstable angina should avoid flying.
|
Must Read
Angina is described as general chest pain. But when does angina occur? And what types of angina might you be experiencing? Start learning the basics here....
Angina is a symptom of heart problems such as coronary heart disease. But what can trigger chest pain? And who is at risk of developing angina? ...
Angina is a squeezing, burning or tight pressure sensation in the chest. But when should you seek help? When does angina become serious?...