User Profile
Thanks very much for any reply!
I am worried and getting sick every week with respiratory infection, brain fog, short breathing, fever now, feel better sometimes with bovine raw thyroid (adrenal tissue, thymus, pituitary)
Does this mean I am anemic instead of asthmatic or have a gland disease?

Blood tests:
my RBC is 4.67 (4-6.2)
SHBG 13.1 (13.3-89.5)
Cortisol 2.4 (.4-60)
TSH 1.18 .34-4.5
Free T3 2.6 1.8-4.6
T4 .71 .47-1.77

I have been suffering for over a year now and I can't get iron supplements....
Thanks!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2011
Blood Disorders Answer A19149
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum. I am glad that I can help you.

From the history provided, the recurrent respiratory infections could be most probably due to immune disorders. Here production of antibodies is affected, hence the ability to fight common infections is reduced.

The underlying cause can be determined by consultation with a immunologist, who can examine you, and evaluate the underlying condition with additional tests.

Your labs seem to be normal. Since the labs before initiation of the bovine endocrine preparations have not been provided, it is difficult to interpret the results. But the current results provided are within normal limits.

You might consider consulting your doctor or a endocrinologist for advice on continuing them.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.