Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

13 and wanting baby (Page 1)

User Profile
im 13 and i see other babys and i know how much you haft to go through but i will do anything to have a baby?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 26th, 2009
I know exactly what you're going through, it's really hard. I used to have reoccuring dreams where I had a baby, and they were so real I would awake in confusion wondering where my baby was... It brought me to tears a lot!

Take a family studies course at school, where they give you a plastic baby to take care of. Take care of it for the longest amount of time. You'll probably learn your lesson. Or get a very young baby animal, who needs your attention and care all the time.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey mini3401
This is an excellent time for you to begin planning for your child. Start putting money away now in a low yeild investment so that when you're ready to bear a child you won't have to borrow money from your family. Work hard in school so that you'll be elligable for work that will not only give you maternity leave but also provide you with the medical insurance you'll need to be able to deliver the child. Start looking at the mothers and fathers that you want to emulate and understand how they became the people they are. When you're ready to begin dating look for men that have the traits you admire in a good father, learn how to compomise and get along well with men like these so that you'll be better able to maintain a healthy marraige for a child to be born into. Concern yourself with eating a healthy diet and getting propper excercise so that when your body reaches the age where it is safe for you to bear children it will be prepared for the strain of childbearing. Tailor your college studies to topics important to child rearing, learn what you can about medicine and psychology and if possible teaching. Once you've finished college find a man who you have confidence and love for, marry and have that wonderful baby you're dreaming of.
|

i had a baby when i was 14, he is 16 now. his name is jalen. his dad was not there, he just recently starting talking to his dad 2 years ago. because i was so young, i wanted to hang out with friends and be a teenager, so my mom ended up having to support me and jay. as a teenager you can not fully understand what is needed to raise and support a baby. I know... you dont wanna hear that, but PLEASE listen to someone that has lived throught it. Jay has grown up with no dad, no money, and a mom that really didnt know how to raise him. thankfully my mom has helped SO much! jay is very responsible when it come to thinking about having sex and working toward his goals for his future because he does not want to have a child that will have to grow up with no dad and no money. i am 32 years old now and i have 5 kids. i love all my kids, but i wish i would have listened to people and finished school and then had my kids so that they could have a better life. i had to drop out of school in the 9th grade to raise kids, when you have kids it is not easy to go to school, then you have no future. you have to have a good job to support kids. they get more expensive every year... food, school clothes, school supplies, doctor, medicine, and so much more. please think about this
|

Time for a Schipperke
When I was your age I was the same way! I loved kids fortunately my mom had two more babies one when I was 9 and the other when i was 11 so when I was your age, I was happy playing with my baby brothers but also running away from them when I had enough...Life will get more interesting than what it is for you right now!! Believe me, there's so much to do while you are young before you have to commit yourself to becoming a mother for the rest of your life.. Smile I am 28 now..and honestly I am still thinking about babies and about how unpredictable life is, I thought at this age I would be married and with children, but instead I am moving to Spain next semester for 9 months and will be traveling to a different part of the world every month! If I was a mom...like all my friends are..I wouldn't have this great and amazing chance!
I have a little dog though..and he is my life! you should get one too! I rescued mine because it is good to help those in need and they will thank you for the rest of their lives! he is a Schipperke look up those dogs, perhaps you will like them too!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
you need to wait. yeah babies are cute trust me i know. I think its your buisness do what you will. But im telling you if God has it in his plan for you to have a child you will, if not then it wont happen. I was 13 and tryin to concieve. Never used protection. Im 20 Now and still with the same man i was with when i was 13. I took a pregnancy test the other day and everyone thinks it +. so hopefully it is. So trust me i know. if he wants it to happen it will if not then it wont. Enjoy being a teen you have just began your journey as a wonderful growing individual.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Not being mean or anything. Dont get me wrong
|

your only thriteen and however much you might want a baby your body is not ready for bearing a child. try carrying around one of those fake babies for a while it might change your mind. ive seen babies ruin friends and families lives because they were too young. you should want a baby out of love for a partner not just to have one.
|

This age of yours is a tender age. And pregnancy at this age is not good. Your too young to handle responsibilities. And being mother is too hard for you. I agree and with all the replies posted.
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2009
Supporter
You've been given some great advice here. The truth is, you're not even old enough to work so how do you plan to give a child the financial stability it deserves? A baby is not a doll. You just can't put it down and walk away when you don't feel like being a mom. Not only would having a baby at 13 be unfair to you and your parents who will end up raising the child, but it's very unfair to the baby. Wait until you are married and financially set to raise a child with your own home and a mature mind. Go to the store and pick out a really cute baby doll. They look so real now; and cuddle with it when you feel the need to have a baby. I don't even recommend a pet because I have two that I've had to take responsibility for when my son got tired of them. Get a doll.
|

User Profile
Hi, I was 33 having my Son and 34 w/my daughter. WOW! it is hard work but good. Me and my husband struggle alot but we do everything on our own. If u can do everything on your own w/ no help from mom and Dad go for it.
I loved having my single time in my 20's goes by so fast!!! Good luck. u have alot of love to give the love will still be there in a few years. And if u love your future baby u will wait.!!! Have fun being a kid.
|

i understand how you feel i was the same way..i started trying when i was your age. and i finally got what i wanted when i was 14. problem was by the time i got pregnant i didint beleive i could get pregnant. so i went almost 4 mths no relizing. and by the time i did the judge had sentenced me to a 12 mth juvinile program. and the worst part was my sons father was very abusive. and told me if i didint have an abortion he was ganna give me one. so i ended up in jail, 14, and a single mother....oh and on drugs...but i didint care i was happy i was ganna have a family of my own! yay!.....or i though yay!...till my son was born 2 1/2 months early, barelly 5 pounds, and taken to foster care.i spent almost a yr trying to get him back. no help from the daddy,found out he had cheated on me and had 2 other babies from 2 other women. and the month before i was sapose to get him back he...died.... he was 10 mths old and his lungs callapesd and his heart failed....i only saw my son 4 times in his life and i didint even get to say good bye!! i had to bury my son instead of him burying me!! look babies are fun and all thats why you babysit of play with someone elses. but its not fun when you have to celabrate you birthday 2 days after your son died...but i know you dont care about what none of us think your ganna do what you want to do...but just please think about whats right for your baby not just what you want!
|

okay, better hope your family is willing to pay to support you and the kid because odds are the father of that kid won't be around and I am not paying anymore taxes to support other people's spawns

maybe i ovulate sand i don't know, but the idea of having a kid has never done it for me..i really can't understand young pre teens and teenagers who desperately want a baby. I think that is just another case of someone wanting something they can't have.

you just need to wait, think about it now, don't you want the best sperm donor possible to contribute genetic material to your child? it is rather difficult to determine which 13 year old boy has the superior genes..you have to wait until men are older to really get a grasp on that sort of thing
|
Users who thank xninjagrrl for this post: wendyrs 

User Profile
Supporter
I get amazed daily on this site. You have been given some good advice! If you feel the need to be around children then why don't you babysit, or volunteer at a Day Care Center? Or go to a local animal shelter and adopt a pet? Are you apprised of the situation our economy is in right now? First and foremost the only thing you should be concentrating on right now is an education! You don't need a child born to an uneducated, financial crippled teenager, whose only means of assistance would be government help!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Actually getting an animal, ideally a dog is a fabulous idea. It's a good way to train yourself to accept responsibility for another life. If you're parents aren't warm to the idea, let them know that you're thinking about having a baby and thought it would be a good idea for you to have a Dog first.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Honey, people long to have children so they can pass on something of themselves and their loved ones. Please, wait until you fall in incredible love and get married, then you and your husband will share this bond that is incredible, and in result of that a tiny little you and your husband will be brought out of it. Even when you are pregnant, there is nothing like sharing that experience of bonding and loving and wonder with your husband, so I have been told. Just keep remembering that fact of wanting to share who you are with someone else, and wanting to be bonded in a way that will give you guys even more responsibilities... please. Just wait. It WILL be worth it.
Patients my friend,
Gracie : )
|

baby at `13
It's not about what YOU want, it's about what that baby is going to need through life. If you are not prepared to buy it everything it will need and want, or be able to take it to the Doctor for illness' then you are not being fair.. That special love you are looking for will come, when your older and can provide for your son or daughter what it needs. Don't be selfish, it won't turn out the way you think it's going too.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Mini,

I would love to hear what your thoughts are now that you've been given some wise advice. You're still a child yourself and you have a lot of growing to do, mentally and physically...Childbirth is very painful and can also be very dangerous at your age. Just something else to think about.
|

replied August 28th, 2009
honey i am 20 and pregnant-and at this age 7 years older then you pregnancy is the hardest thing i have been through-It really takes a toll on a womens body and mind-The honest truth is you are not a women-you are a little girl. You are not prepared for motherhood and wont be for many years-enjoy being a teen and learnign about yourself and your body over the next years of your life.Talk to an older women you trust wether it be your mother,and older sister, a teacher...But do not get pregnant-if you want to be a good capable mother to give your baby all the love she will deserve wait
|

replied August 28th, 2009
All of you have to realize she is 13 and she is not going to change her mind. Don't you remember when YOU were 13??!! I am 22 and I do! Hopefully she doesn't go and get herself knocked up and we will have to pay for it through OUR taxes. I remember being 16 and my ex wanted a baby with me badly and I tried and it never happened! Thank God because he was cheating on me the whole time! When I met my husband now - I met him 4 months after I left my ex (when my ex hit me) and I got pregnant with him when I was 18 and I am still with him have two boys Devin and Isaac and it is wonderful because we can support them and it was with the right guy! I can't imagine what it would have been like for me to have had a baby with that selfish slob of an boyfriend my ex was!!!
You know the only thing that will teach this girl is her going through it. A dog is not going to make it any better she knows what she wants and she knows everyone elses opions - as she spelled opinions in her profile and she is going to get it. SHE CAN'T EVEN SPELL YET! How the heck is she going to teach a child to spell???!!!! She will end up being one of these girls that is knocked up and crying when she can't get sleep at night because the baby needs fed every three to four hours!! Then later on the baby will be on medicare and if no one is there to help her DFCS or Social Services or whoever will come investigating her and her baby will get taken away because it is not receiving the proper care a child needs from an adult. I have dealt with social services before when my son got hurt and they are no game. They will take your children for anything and it is hard to get them back!!!! It took me months to get out of their clutches all because my son cut himself deep on a piece of glass! A 13 year old girl could never fight to get the child back what resources does she have?? She has been given great advice but as I have noticed she has not posted back to any of these replies yet.
The best post I saw was from the lady or guy who said that she should save up money and prepare to have a child in the future. Get herself healthy and save and save until she finds a good man who will help her through the whole thing. I would have gone crazy if it wasn't for my husband who got up in the middle of the night and fed the baby because I had a c-section and was a high risk preg. and was sick as a dog after the baby was born. Kids now days are so stubborn I know because I used to be one of them. She will learn... believe me she will learn...
|
Quick Reply