User Profile
i recently visited my doctor and she says i have inflamed growths which are infected,they may be cysts and a large amount of (pile)hemmaroids with a large flap of skin on the outside of my anus and she says they may also be on the inside but she could not do a internal investigations as its very painful,when i do go toilet which is rare i pour of blood
and i have to go back in around a week and she has mentioned possible surgery
could you give me any more information about this problem please

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2010
Hemorrhoids Answer A10379
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know what the cause of the symptoms that you experience.

There may be various conditions in the anal region which are characterized with pain, such as hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas, abscesses, etc. Hemorrhoids appear due to a prolapse of the anal veins because of constipation and pushing when defecating. Hemorrhoids are presented as nodes, that may or may not be painful, and which bleed during bowel movement. Fissures appear due to stretching of the anus more than usual due to constipation. Fissures are small ruptures on the anal lining which may easily become infected and inflamed. They are characterized with pain and burning after defecating, and bleeding usually on the toilet paper. Fistulas are canals from one part of the anus to the other, or from the rectum to the skin. They may be opened, which is characterized with discharging of feces, or closed and relapsed, which is characterized with pain and discharge of pus. An abscess is localized inflammation that may appear anywhere in and on the human body. The perianal abscess is characterized with pain, fluctuation, rupture and release of pus. This type of abscess may lead to intrapelvic infection if not recognized and not treated properly.

According to the data that you described, you may be experiencing one of the conditions listed above. See an abdominal surgeon to rule out abscesses. You may consider having palpation of the anal canal, although it may be extremely painful, so that the doctors may give a complete diagnosis. You may need to have surgery if diagnosed with a perianal abscess.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as an abdominal surgeon for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.