Hello, 10 months ago I had an anal fissure surgery. It went well but it took 8 months for the wound to close. Something like 5 months ago i started to feel the pain that I'm feeling now. It hasn't change almost at all in all this time. What can I do? Any advise would be very appreciated. Any similar experience?

Please help, I'm very depressed
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
r u saying 5 months ago u started to feel this pain and still feel it today?
what did Dr do about healing that u say took 8 months?
have u requested from the Dr. involved answers and if so how many times?
u should keep accurate documentation so consider it from today forward
what medications were u given to help the healing since u say it took 8 months and what options did the Dr tell u were available to advance healing
|

replied June 30th, 2011
I asked all those questions. The answer was always "it's normal, don't worry". Yes I asked for answers but he told me all was going to be ok. Yes I've been in pain for the last 5 months. As a matter of fact for the last year, since everything started.

No clear answer has been given to me and that is why I'm on this forum.

Thank you for replaying
|

replied June 30th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
this would be a good time for a 2nd opinion.
I assume that the Dr performing your repair is not your family or personal Dr. is that correct? IF so, your Dr will offer 2nd Dr to evaluate or at least he should and without any pressure on you to drop the subject.
best 2 u
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....