Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Anal lumps and skin cancer

User Profile
i have a lump growing near my anus. (right above it) and it is increasing in size each day. since 2 weeks ago, i have trouble removing stool and have constipation. the lump is affecting me now such that it hurts when i am walking even when i am seated down.

this lump is pinkish in colour and it is soft.
really hope you can help me with it.
is it cancer ?

thank you so much for helping. God Bless.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2009
Skin Cancer Answer A5691
At your age, cancer is very unlikely (though never impossible). You do not mention how large this lump is, or how quickly it came on, but conditions that can cause lumps in the anal region include hemorrhoids, infections (abscesses), anal fissures (a crack in the lining of the anal canal), as well as benign or malignant tumors.

If this mass does not resolve itself within the next week or two, you should have your doctor examine this area.


Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.