Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Anal Leakage started when I developed bulimia

I need advice.

The last few months I've had a lot of days where I feel, quite frankly, like my butt is leaking.

Other forums talk about smell, which I've never noticed. Basically I'll be standing around at work and suddenly my butt gets very itchy (I keep it very clean, it definitely isn't a wiping issue) and starts to feel like it's leaking. It feels like there's sweat between my butt cheeks. It feels like I'm going to run to the bathroom and find a pool of diarrhea in my underwear. Every time there's nothing. When I wipe, I don't even see anything. This can happen anywhere from once every few weeks to every day in a week.

Not simultaneously with the leaking, but often I also see a lot of blood while wiping after pooping. I have diarrhea at least every week, and usually about once a day. I've struggled with constipation in the past as well.

I don't know if it helps to mention this, but the leaking started around the same time I developed bulimia. I only mention this because a lot of people discuss the connection between eating disorders and bowel stuff.

Please help. This is really messing me up. I don't want to go to a doctor if it's something simple like needing more fibre.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2015
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Alternating bowel habits history, blood in stool, tenesmus, anal leakage and other symptoms point to wards likely an inflammatory infective process. Differentials are inflammatory bowel disease, anal abscess, haemorrhoids and anal incontinence. Get some work up, anal manometry and digital rectal examination for a detailed clinical correlation and narrowing of differentials. It shall sort out the cause and treatment accordingly.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Khan

|

replied July 5th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
You definitely need to see your Md at his earliest appt.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bulimia is an eating disorder that affects people of all ages. But what are the characteristics of bulimia? And how do you know if you have it, or not?...
Bulimia is caused by social, emotional and psychological factors. But who is at risk of developing bulimia? And what factors make bulimia likely to develop?...
People with bulimia display a set of behavioral, emotional and physical signs. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of bulimia to help yourself or a loved one....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.