Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Anal fissures and hemorrhoids

User Profile
I am 40 a year old heterosexual male, and have had anal fissures and hemmroids since I was 22.

I am healthy, 155 lbs, 5'8" and I work out ~4 times a week. I eat an apple, orange and kiwi fruit for breakfast - salad for lunch - and protien and carbs for dinner. In other words, I eat quite well.

I think my weekness might be not enough water (except when working out) and maybe too much coffee during the day.

Anyhow, I'm in pain whenever I have a BM. My BM is dry and my anus just seems too tight!

I've had a colonoscopy (no cancer) and have had internal hemmroids "banded". But nothing ever seems too work.

I've done glicerin creams, etc, but nothing works. Its like I'm going number 2 through a straw. Is there something wrong with my pancrease? (not enough moisture added to stool?).

I look healthy thus I dont think doctors think I have a serious problem - but I've had blood for 20 years. Please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2010
Hemorrhoids Answer A16793
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Chronic constipation can be due to diet poor in roughage or fiber and also due to dehydration. A high roughage with low water too could be a cause. Drinking sips of warm water, lemonade, soups etc also helps. Diabetes and hypothyroidism, colon disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticular diseases, cancers, severe acidity etc can all cause constipation.

It can also be due to milk allergy and other food allergies. A proper investigation is required preferably by a gastroenterologist (a doctor who looks after the digestive system) to know what is the cause. The treatment will follow correct diagnosis. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.