Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Anal Fissure or Endometriosis?

Sorry for the TMI but I need some advice before I take off work and actually see a doctor for this.
Just for some background, I've struggled with what I believe is endometriosis for the last 3 or 4 years. My symptoms are random and usually far apart enough that I've basically just lived with it. One of the main symptoms I have is tailbone pain and a fullness or pressure that wraps around to pelvic area, commonly during my period, and usually after a bowel movement, but sometimes just randomly.
I've been dealing with constipation for the last week, and yesterday after I had a particularly large bowel movement I got what started out as the tailbone pain that I'm used to, but then got so excruciating that I could only lie on my side to get relief. When I normally have tailbone pain, it subsides after an hour at the most, and definitely doesn't last until the next day. But this time I'm still in pain the next day. My dad says I have an anal fissure, but I wanted to see what other people think as well. It hurts no matter how I sit, but I do get more relief leaning forward. It's not as bad when I'm standing or walking, but still not very comfortable. The stabbing pain is gone and it's now just an ache, but if I move in the wrong way while sitting or use the restroom the stabbing pain will return for a brief period.

It just seems odd to me that an anal fissure would cause me to feel pressure that also wraps around to my pelvic area. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it common to find more relief in different positions with an anal fissure?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with anal fissure.
Constipation and anal fissure both can lead to increase anal pressure. Lithotomy and left lateral positions are helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.