Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Anal fingering with cut on finger

Hello - I recently (4 days ago) had a sexual encounter with a man that I have known for a few years. This was our first sexual interaction together and we did use protection. I also anally fingered him for a short period of time (2 or 3 minutes). I have read some information about this which generally says that anal fingering is not a risk for STD’s or HIV. I did however have a cut on my finger, at the time I forgot about this. I still have this cut as it is on the side of my finger by the knuckle, in an area that seems to bend quite a lot. I had the cut for just over a day; I do not remember cutting my finger or that it ever bled when the cut occurred. I do not think it was bleeding at the time of fingering and it has not bled since. It was deep enough that when I washed my hands for the first few days it stung just a bit with the hot water, and you can see into the cut when my finger is bent and it is pinkish/red underneath. My question is, is there a risk of transmitting an STD or HIV through anal fingering when there is a cut present on the finger? We also did mutual masturbation and he had quite a lot of precum when I was masturbating him, I am not sure if any may have touched or gotten into the cut on my finger. Is there a risk of transmitting an STD or HIV through precum and a cut on the finger? I should also mention that I have talked with this man about being tested and this specific issue as I realized the cut was still on my finger the day after. He informed me he was tested in July 2013 and said everything came back negative and has not slept with anyone since then until me. Wondering if I should get tested as I was tested a month and a half ago (because we had talked about taking our relationship to a sexual level), and if so should I be waiting a certain period of time as this was 4 days ago? Thank you, your feedback is much appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 29th, 2014
Community Volunteer
I really think the chances are very low , even sucking a guy is considered low risk.

I think you will find it is the person being anally penetrated is the person taking all the risks.

I did read somewhere the chances are hight catching aids if you are a bottom
compared to tops.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....