Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

anal bleeding while vomiting

hi i noticed after i vomited small bright red drops on floor . this isnt the first time this is happened . i have a history a external swelling which appears to be a hemorrhoid and swelling goes down after topical preparation h is applied and sometimes i need a glycerin enema . i also noticed the hemorrhoid gets worse with more frequent bowl movements and with diet pills. also there is a history of colon cancer in my family both my grandmother and mother have both died of this cancer and i have been told i need to get a colonoscopy before the age of 50 i am in my mid 40's and i am scared. i will do this but i need a little relief in knowing that the bleeding my be due to pressure put on my bowls by vomiting even though no hemorrhoid is apparent at this time like i said this has happened before in the last 4 or 5 years.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2011
While the bright red blood that you describe is most likely due to hemorrhoids, or other benign anorectal conditions, nobody, including me, can tell you that you do or do not have colorectal cancer without a colonoscopy. Therefore, I would recommend that you make an appointment to undergo colonoscopy.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.