Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Anal bleeding due to kidney infection

This is a little embarrasing... but I recently had very bad anal bleeding... It only lasted for about 15 minutes, but it was a LOT of blood. I went to the doctor and they told me it was a result of MCKD. Since then I've had a lot of anau disconfort. It hurts to poop and it hurts when I fart. Not a stabbing pain... it almost feels like carpet burn along the inside of my anus passage (and no, nothing has been inserted into my anus) could the disconfort possibly be caused by dried blood inside the anus passage? Maybe sticking to the anus walls or drying out the skin causing irritation or is this something I should have looked at?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2014
hi there
i would like to know if you are a diagnosed case of MCKD?
if you are a known case of MCKD then your anal bleeding may be because of it as gastrointestinal bleeding is one the complication of MCKD.
i would also like to know whether this was the first episode of bleeding or it has occurred before.

other wise i would like to rule out other causes like haemorrhoids,anal fissure,rectal tumor,dysentery,coagulation disorder etc

i would like to do digital rectal examination and proctoscopy,coagulation profile,stool microscopy,
sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy.
regards
thanks for using ehealth forum
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.