Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

An itchy skin rash and skin inflammations

User Profile
i have developed a scaley itchy skin rash on the skin over my shin bone over the past 3 weeks... sometimes it itches but it is scaley.. i havae used topical anti-histamin benedryl but no improvement....i have not changed my shaving cream or started using new detergent or new lotion or new soap or anything of that nature... it doesnot bother me but it looks ugly... i cant wear a skirt!!! please help me

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2008
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A5010
Current medical status: scaley itchy skin rash. it expands from below the knee to the ankle and all the front of the leg
Current medical treatment: benedryl topical

An itchy skin rash indicates that you have a kind of skin inflammation. I can’t say what exactly caused this inflammation but since Benedryl didn’t help it is probably not a hypersensitive reaction type 1. You may find corticosteroid cream more effective.

You could consult a dermatologist about your case.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.