User Profile
I'm not normally sick; exercise daily, five a day, proper meals etc. But a few weeks ago, I developed strange purple painful rashes over my face and neck followed by vomiting, diarrhea, joint pain and high temperature (but not feverish). However, blood tests in casualty came back clear. 2 weeks later (now) I've developed my 3rd eye infection in the space of a whole month, a cold, nausea (but not vomiting), joint pain and constipation. Additionally, I've had recurring tonsillitis for over a year now and rather than showing visible !**@! cough it up. I went to the doctors yesterday but he just gave my ibuprofen for pain and my swollen tonsils. Could this be an immune disorder or just a coincidence? What should I do if I fall ill AGAIN within this next month? This is far beyond normal for me, as usually I fall sick perhaps once a year (usually in the summer months).

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2013
Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Answer A42198
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Rashes could be suggestive of various possibilities as dermatitis due to skin allergy or infection, erythema multiforme,underlying issues, hormonal imbalance etc.
A direct examination by a dermatologist is the best way to get it diagnosed. Most simple rashes improve with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substances. As you have explained that the blood reports have been nomral it does not seem to be anything you should be worried of.

It might be just that you are catching the infections in a row. Wait and watch for sometime. If the symptoms are persistent and recurrent consider visiting a Physician for detailed evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.