Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Am I schizophrenic or was it a side effect of drug/alcohol detox

I am A 15 year old girl I have been doing drugs and drinking since I was 12. When I was 13 about to be 14 I started doing Ecstasy and Acid. This past year I would be on speed-based EX for weeks at a time or just do it every weekend. I am 41 days sober now from everything. I'm planning on staying that way. But when I was about 20 days sober I started hearing voices sometimes they would tell me I'm not worth living, and sometimes it was just like there is a radio in the back of my head. I would also see this shodowish figure, it would be far away and then start coming closer to me. I went to my psychiatrist and he prescribed me Seroquel. They went away mostly but sometimes I will wake up and still hear/see things. Or when i get stresses out I sometimes still hear voices. Could I have brain damage from the ecstasy? Or could i be schizophrenic and the drugs just covered it up this whole time?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 16th, 2010
Drugs can trigger schizophrenia.. do you have and family who has been diagnosed with it? This may sound crazy but do you think your house could be haunted. I have seen black shadow figures in the past, I accually wasnt the only one to see it. I found that prayer helped. Acid can also always come back. its called acid flashbacks. I wish you the best of luck. I cant even imagine how you must feel.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....