User Profile
hello, im 4days late for my period im usually very regular me and my partner are trying for a baby, i misscarried last year and found out that i have a bicornate uterus, im worried because if i am pregnant then the same thing could happen i did a pregnancy test on the 12th feb and it was negative can u help me?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A10035
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

Pregnancy can be diagnosed at the earliest by 10 days - 18 dates after conception with presently available laboratory tests (Radioimmunoassay of hCG).

Bicornuate uterus is the result of an embryological abnormality of uterus during development. Unfortunately, it is one abnormality with highest reproductive complications. However, septate uterus, a variant abnormality can be corrected by resection of septum.

As your periods are delayed only by 4 days, you may want to repeat the test for pregnancy again after a few days. Thank you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.