Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Am I pregnant or us it because I messed up Birthcontrol?

User Profile
Ok I did a different post but I forgot to mention this. I am on birth control, for a while I skipped the placebo/sugar pills and went straight into another pack. I also just recently had unprotected sex, he didn't pull out. I was feeling a really sore sensation in my lower abdominals and I assumed it was because he was rough. Come to find out it was a heavy periode which keeps coming back.
At one point it all of a sudden stopped long enough for my boyfriend and I to consumate again but then it started again. So it is a really long periode, no cramping. I have no idea what to make of this situation. Please reply.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 10th, 2011
well i'm on th depo provera (birth control shot)i've only been on it a little over a month. they told me i would experience random spotting instead of a period. around mid december my stomach started to feel kinda sore when i slept on it. freaked me out. then one night i was reading on the couch next to my husband i had been lightly bleeding for about a week thought it was a period cuz i missed the one efore the depo shot. wasnt having sex before the shot. on the couchi started feeling abdomal and pelvic cramps. didn't like it they hurst pretty badly so i went to lay down. i fell asleep for about 20 minutes and when i woke up it felt like i was bleeding when i stood up blood started rushingdown my legs and i ran to the bathroom. a weird mucus looking clump the size of a quater came out from down there and about 10 mins later another mucus and skin piece about 4 inches long came out. i continue to bleed for about a two and half weeks total but after that it was light. the doctors told me it was break through bleeding but now im spotting like i was suppose to and all that happened a week ago. if your not sure your pregnant i would go to a doctor for sure and get checked out.
|

replied January 10th, 2011
i thought mine was a misscarriage because if i was pregnant i would have been a month into itr and my husband and i had an accident where he cummed in me only a week or so into the depo sht so would make sense but i wasnt seen by a doctor until more than a week after it happened they told me it was break through bleeding because it was my first shot and i didnt have a period when i got the depo shot and the mucus and skin was the lining of my uterus shedding although it was alot. i'm going to switch method of birth control. i would see if your pregnant or if you miscarried. it also could be because you skipped a few days of pills and it messed u up thats also very likely.
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...