Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

am i ovulating and i have a yeast infection?

User Profile
i am very concern my period began April 20,2011 and it went away April 26,2011. i had unprotected sex with my fiancée April 28,2011 my period usually last about five to seven days and 28 days in between.. i calculated when should i start ovulating and it should start April 30,2011 or may 1,2011. the day after i had unprotected sex which is April 29,2011 i started having this clear with a bit of white sticky discharge a lot of it it doesn't have any odor to it. it was getting so much the it would get on my panties.when i took a shower last night may 2,2011 it was all over my vagina..i'm also very concern because i have a itching in my vagina that started April 29,2011 but it didn't itch as much as it does now and i still have it.i had a bit of cramps yesterday night may 2,2011 which went alway already.could there be a chance of me being pregnant? or could it just be i'm ovulating and i have a yeast infection please help i need answer thank u very much

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A22602

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. The possibility of pregnancy is always there whenver there’s unprotected sexual intercourse.

It can be confirmed by doing a serum beta HCG test which is the confirmatory test of pregnancy and is quite a sesitive one.

Regarding your concern about white discharge from vagina and itchy vagina, candidiasis is a likely possibility. Apart from candidiasis one possibility that needs to be evaluated is trichomoniasis.

Candidiasis is caused by the overgrowth of yeast-like fungi called Candida. The characteristic symptom of trichomoniasis infection is a heavy, frothy, fishy-smelling discharge from the vagina.

The infection can also cause discomfort during sex, vaginal itching, pain when passing urine and occasionally stomach pains.

Diagnosis can be confirmed only after pelvic examination and swab samples of the discharge and cervix swabs.

Treatment depends on the same. So please consult a gynecologist and get yourself evaluated. It is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.