Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Am I mentally unstable or just sad

Ok let me give you a little back history to me, I was raised by a single mother (who worked extremely hard to give me what I needed) I live in a very poor neighbourhood as a child but went to a good school, I never felt complete or like I belonged because I never got an explanation as to why I didn't have a father, I have seen a psychologist for a big part of my life until I was nine then when I was 15 again. I never fit in I always felt sad like I didn't belong . While I went to the psychologist when I was 15 I found two things out
1. I was very co-dependant of my mother
2. I was "a sad little girl" as stated by my psychologist .

I was content for a while from 18 -20 I was in a nice solid beautiful relationship with a great guy.
Here is the thing when I was 9 I moved to the states to have a better future with my mother. At 19 we had to move away and I left everything I had worked so hard to feel comfortable with behind including my then boyfriend. We did the long relationship thing for a while but 6 moths ago he broke it off which of course left me heart broken.

He hasn't talked to me ever since in no way or form and won't answer my emails or texts which makes me feel worse. I guess after 6 months I should've over it but I'm not everything here is how he left it I still cry desperately every night until I'm shaking and shivering all day long I feel like I'm not really there I try to act as normal as possible but I feel like crap all the time and I can't talk to my mother about it.
I don't know what to do. I truly have no one to talk about this with except my ex who won't talk to me, I dot know if its normal to feel this sad.

As I'm attending college I try to lead a normal life but I cry when I wake up during my train ride to school and then sometimes during class, I sometimes laugh at something funny truly funny until I cry from laughter and then I breakdown on sad tears because for a second i felt ok but now I feel sad again and I don't know if any of this is normal. Right now we can't afford me going to see a psychologist. I'm I
ok? Or is something really wrong with me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2013
You are okay. The same thing happened to me and I feel just like you do. I met this wonderful guy and don't know what happened. He just stopped talking to me with no explanation. I second guess every decision I make. I thought I was a good judge of character but I'm not. I'm so sad. I think we must both be crazy. At least we're not alone.
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi to both of you...Try and get out and mix with people...Make friends and try to forget the first love...Look at it this way...If it was supposed to be, it would have been...I know as my husband stood me up and he was the only guy who ever did this to me and he was going back to San Francisco...Heartbroken, you have no idea.....Don't look or live for these guys to come back, but instead learn to enjoy life and yourselves...You both are great...

My best to you...Caroline...
|