Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

am I losing my mind? My mind won't stop racing ..

I feel like nothing feels real! Is this insanity? I feel so empty and cry alot! I went to the psychiatrist and he said I have OCD, generalized anxiety and major depressive disorder. But lately, I feel like NOTHING feels real. My mind won't stop racing and I can't form rational thoughts. This has been going on for 2 weeks ! I have this feeling all day long. Please help me! I don't know what to do!!! I feel scared out of my mind and nothing makes sense. I try to tell myself that it's just anxiety, but I feel like everything is surreal and I have a hard time sleeping at night. I lay down and sweat and panic and I'm so scared!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2015
I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. I have felt that way too recently and had to see the Dr as I wasn't sleeping, shaking, feeling OCD. The Dr prescribed an anti anxiety med that's helping me sleep, but I can't be on it to long. Hoping to try an antidepressant that doesn't make me feel worse. Just know that you're not alone. Sometimes these feelings sneak up on us from prolonged stress and cause physical symptoms too. I hope you find some relief soon.
|

replied October 24th, 2015
Experienced User
If you don't mind me asking, what antidepressant? They just put me on Zoloft. I start it tonight. I'm already on Ativan. I've never been this scared in my life
|

replied October 25th, 2015
Leave A Reply
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2015
I felt like that for months, almost 4 months. I finally got my doctor to give me Zoloft, and it seems to be helping so far.
|

replied November 10th, 2015
Experienced User
How long have you been on the Zoloft, if you don't mind me asking
|
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...