Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Am I experiencing a Gallbladder Attack?!

Do you thing the symptoms I'm experiencing are from a Gallbladder attack?
Yes, Go to the doctor
Yes, Go to the hospital
No, there is something wrong but it doesn't sound like GB
100%  100%  [ 1 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Hello Everyone,
I'm a 22 year old female. I'm 5 foot 6 and 300lbs. (I'm aware that's an unhealthy weight, I don't know if it's relevant but other posts mentioned height, weight, and age as contributing factors.)
I've been taking 20mg Prilosec every day for at least 4 months to help with my constant heartburn,indigestion, acid reflux, gerd, whatever... I never knew that those things might be a symptom of a gallbladder issue.
This is the third time in a month that I've had extreme overwhelming pain come out of nowhere and make me curl into the fetal position. I have to shut off the TV and lights, and cover my eyes. Even noise and light make it hurt more. I've never experienced pain like this before.
It starts almost like i think I'm having a cramp or my clothes feel too tight and suddenly it feels like my whole torso is exploding from the inside out. I get nauseous. My breathing gets shallow, deep breaths make sharp pain. It hurts the most under my ribs and chest and sternum. Its not on the top though, it feels like it's underneath my muscles. It's like if the pain were lower in my abdomen I'd think I might be giving birth. It goes into my back and makes my arms and shoulders hurt. My heart hurts. If i didn't already know it would go away in a few hours I'd think i was having a heart attack or dying. I get clammy, then cold, then my whole body just aches. My stomach feels like it has it's own pulse. Just a steady pain radiating from it running through my torso.
Is this what a Gallbladder attack is? My mom's friend is a nurse who said that i should try gas x, and I did but nothing stops the pain. Pills like tylenol, ibuprofen, advil... nothing works. I lay down and cry. It goes away and I don't understand what happened and I postpone going to the doctor because I don't know how to explain it unless I feel it because it's never exactly the same. I'd go to the ER but I can't drive myself and I don't want to burden a family member.
Please share your opinion and symptoms so I have something to compare it to. I'm really in pain and very anxious about it now. Does anyone know how to lessen the pain while it's occurring? I'd try about anything. Please
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 31st, 2012
*also, I have not been digesting food properly for a long time. I constantly throw up and I just assumed I had some weird food allergy I wasn't really aware of. When that kind of vomiting occurs, it isn't painful.
|

replied July 31st, 2012
You should get an ultrasound of your gall bladder. If you eat a lot of fatty food and your gallbladder is not functioning you can form stones which can be disloged and end up blocking your duct. It happened to me and I went to the emergency room. They wanted to get it operated on right away. It could be pancreatitis which is even more serious. The good news is, removing a gallbladder is a very easy operation, done orthoscopically if you don't wait too long. Don't procrastinate. At least go on a low fat diet until you see a doctor.
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....