Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Am I eating too much sugar?

okay i know this is an odd question but in my recovery process i feel like i am eating too much sugar. i have a lot of healthy foods with sugar in them and a lot of fruit, but i also have a piece of angel food cake almost every night. So should i cut back on my sugar intake while recovering from my eating disorder?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
My best advice would be don't let sugar be a priority in your eating schedule...Instead of that piece of angel food cake, have some low salt pretzels or a hard boiled egg...I don't know your calorie count or what you are trying to stay with, but I do know that sugar makes you hungry...I know, I love sugar too...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....