Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Am I developing an eating disorder

Hi I think i might be developing an eating disorder, it started last Christmas I've been having a desire too not eat I used too love food but not now I don't know what's going on, I hold off eating for as long as I can I skip breakfast I hide my lunch In my locker so my mum or friends don't get suspicious. The only time I do eat is when I'm afraid my family will think I'm anorexic and I don't have a choice but too eat the meals but when I do I excercise as much as I can afterwards. I have fainted in the past week due to low blood sugar but I feel like I eat too much to be anorexic? Can someone help, thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with anorexia nervosa. Consult psychiatrist to evaluate you.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.