I'm kind of nervous. Every now and then i get a clenching, hurting feeling in my stomach. I am friendless and alone and afraid; I have thought of cutting myself and suicide. I have found myself listening to more and more "emo" bands like "Hawthorne Heights" and "AFI", and I'm attracted to their lyrics. I get sad sometimes during the day, more and more frequently recently. I don't laugh very much anymore, either. I don't really seem to fit in anywhere. I get angry kind of easy also; I'm just not that happy all that often.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2009
Experienced User
If you are thinking about cutting yourself and committing suicide, then you really need to tell your family and friends, and go see a doctor immediately. They can put you on medication or counsel you, and you might feel like a different person. If you are feeling this way, you need to get treated. There are alot of nice people on here, and you can talk to us when you are feeling down, or lonely. Smile
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with dysthymia.
You would need mental state examination for clarification. Do regular exercise and yoga.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 10th, 2019
It's a type of psychological condition when someone lost their internal strength to live or so something. serious it can be more dangerous. Please consider yourself. A world is full of opportunities. Find the nearest people who can help you.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.