I have Binge Eating Disorder and it's really painful. I want to get help but I've known this pain for so long that its like a part of me now. I don't know what I'm going to be like after I get help, I don't want to be just normal. I've never ever told someone one a secret this big. And since Binge Eating Disorder is lesser known, I'm afraid my parents won't believe me. (I have had other health issues because of my eating disorder and they're stuff that is unusual, so they haven't believed me until the symptoms were so bad that I was in constant pain.) But I had stomach issues for three or more years and my parents are just now trying to treat it. My mom is being so supportive and stuff and I feel bad if ask to get treatment, like I'm crying over nothing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2015
I would talk to your mum about it. Or maybe you have siblings you could confide in?
|

replied March 19th, 2015
Experienced User
Many people have eating disorders but sometimes it can cause problems in body. You should talk to your mom about it and start treatments.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....