I drink on average 5-6 days a day, I don't get drunk, but I enjoy drinking. Am I an alcoholic?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2012
Well...that's a iffy. I'm an alcoholic, and now been sober seven months. And not just myself, but met and seen many people who thought that they were not alcoholics. I know for myself, I cannot drink. But if you are questioning yourself, see a addictions councilor. You will defiantly get the answer you need. And if you find yourself craving it, or your life has become unmanageable because of alcohol, seek help. Life without alcohol is wonderful. But if you feel you need help, turn to aa meetings. You will get the help you need and meet many people who care and help you through your journey of life without the need to drink. Hope that helps, and good luck.
|

replied February 15th, 2012
Not drinking for a day can do wonders, I myself managed to quit after 6 months of drinking each day untill I got drunk, hell I even liked drinking alone. Now when I stopped, I think it's amazing. You save some money, you can do activities, like sports, martial arts, DATING. I mean com'on if you drink just to drink because you like to drink ( similar how I was ) just give a friend you trust your wallet and tell him to not give it to you for a day, you won't drink ( unless you'll just go to a friends which will kill the porpuse ). Even today I feel like I would love to have some beer, but I lock myself not to. because after 1 beer comes another and it repeats untill you see 20 cans around you.

But no. An alcahol is someone who drinks untill he is drunk, sober, blacks out. I'd say you're only starting to get there, so quit while you can.
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Experienced User
Drinking 5-6 days a day is also called an addiction. Many people are have an habit of drinking but they do not know that they are addicted to alcohol. If you are addicted to alcohol the concern any counselor they will definitely help you to control your alcohol addiction and I hope, It will also help you to improve your health.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....