User Profile
So, im not 100% if this is considered schizophrenia, but here goes.
At night i always have to close the curtain in my room and check to make sure it's locked and that no one can get in. Im always terrified that someone is going to climb through my window and kidnap me or open it and shoot me or do something extremely violent. Its a comstant feeling and its been going on for about a year now.
Throughout the day, i always see things moving when theyre not or ill see a shadowy figure cross the room out the corner of my eye, however i dont know if thats because of my poor vision or not.
Sometimes (usually its whenever im wearing shorts or a thin fabric) i think ants or some other small bug is climbing on my legs and on my arms, causing my to scratch it excessively. Ive woken up with marks on my hands because of this.
- Thank you for helping me figure this out !

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2016
Schizophrenia Answer A59575
Your issues described here seem to be more of a stress and anxiety related rather than serious psychiatric issues like Schizophrenia.

Being alone it is natural for women to have concerns about security in and around their homes. Taking proper preventive measures to avoid home invasion , etc would help you deal with the situation.

The skin issues like irritation or itching could more likely be due to dry skin. Apply aloe vera based skin lubricants and this should help it.

If you have any other issues consult your doctor and seek a proper medical opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.