Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

am hearing voices in my head telling me to hurt!

User Profile
im 12 and i am hearing voices in my head telling me to hurt myself by banging my head on the walls or simply cutting myself. i dont kno what it is. sometimes i run away for a couple of hours with a knife in my pocket, climb a tree to get away from people and then hurt myself up there. i tell my mom that i fell from a tree a couple of times for a excuse.i hear the voices all the time just saying to hurt myself and tell me im no good and i have no purpose in life. i will get in fights in school and with my sisters. i cant hit them back but i let them hit me. i dont know if im crazy or not but when i do get in fights it feels like my arms and legs just shut down so i cant hit back. please, if you think you know what is wrong with me please reply and tell me. i check this website all the time. before i came on this sight they told me to do all this. the voices telling me to stop im no good im no good im no good im no good im no good hurt myself bleed die. please help me

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2011
Schizophrenia Answer A21524
Hello.

It seems hearing voices is a major problem you are facing right now. And the other problem is the need to hurt yourself. It will be difficult to diagnose anything online, but your symptoms do seem to be a part of psychosis. Please consult a Psychiatrist for a thorough evaluation and diagnosis.

Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

(This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please consult with your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment options)

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.